salju

Rabu, 08 Agustus 2012

16 TENSES IN ENGLISH


1.      Simple Present Tense
I / We / You / They + infinitive + O
He / She / It + infinitive + -s/-es + O
Subject + am/is/are + noun, adjective, adverb
Example :
·         I pray to Allah everyday
·         I am a mathematics teacher at SMP Nusa Penida Medan
·         I usually get up at five o’clock every morning

2.      Present Continuous Tense
Subject + is/am/are + verb-ing + O
Subject + am/is/are  + complement
Example :
·         I am studying mathematics english now
·         I am reading a book at a moment
·         I am university student

3.      Present Perfect Tense
I/ We/ You/ They + have + past participle + O
He/ She / It + has + past participle + O
I/ We/ You/ They + have + been + past participle
He/ She / It + has +been +  past participle
Example :
·         I have lived at bunga raya street since 10 years ago
·         I have done my statistical task yesterday
·         I have been very busy lately

4.      Present Perfect Continous Tense
     I/ We/ You/ They + have + been + verb-ing + O
He/ She / It + has + been + verb-ing + O
     I/ We/ You/ They + have + been + being + noun, adjective, adverb
He/ She / It + has + been + being + noun, adjective, adverb
Example :
·         I have been teaching mathematic in Quantum Course Medan since 2011
·         I have been working as a mathematic’s teacher for 2 years
·         I have been living in my house for one year

5.      Simple Past Tense
Subject + V2 + O
I/ He / She / It + was + noun, adjective, adverb
We / You / They + were + noun, adjective, adverb
Example :
·         I went to my village last year
·         I ate a plate of fried rice last night
·         I was at campus yesterday morning

6.      Past Continuous Tense
I/ We/ You / They + were + verb + ing + O
He / She / It + was + verb + ing + O
We/ You / They + were +  being + noun, adjective, adverb
He / She / It + was + being + noun, adjective, adverb
Example :
·         I were listening radio last night when my friend called me
·         I was watching television all afternoon last weekend
·         I was being angry with my younger sister yesterday


7.      Past Perfect Tense
Subject + had + past participle + O
Subject + had + been + noun, adjective, adverb
Example :
·         I had cooked the dinner when my sister arrived
·         I had been in Medan  since 1988
·         I went home after I had finished  teaching in the  school

8.      Past Perfect Continuous Tense
Subject + had + been + verb + ing + O
Subject + had + been + being+ noun, adjective, adverb
Example :
·         I had been reading about learning theory book since two weeks ago
·         I had been looking for that calculus book for two week before I founded that
·         When I arrived at home, my mother had been cooking food in the kitchen

9.      Simple Future Tense
Subject + shall/ will + infinitive
Subject + shall/ will + be + noun, adjective, adverb Example :
·         I will buy a new bag next month
·         I will be a lecture several years again
·         I will help my mother  this afternoon

10.  Future Continuous Tense
                 I / We / You / They + shall / will + verb + ing
                He / She /  It + shall / will + verb + ing
                 Subject + shall/will + be + being + noun, adjective, adverb       
        Example :
·         I will be meeting with my friend tomorrow morning
·         I shall be studying at this time tomorrow
·         I will going to campus together with my friend at seven o’clcok tomorrow

11.  Future Perfect Tense
Subject + shall/will + have + past participle + O
Subject + shall/will + have + been + noun, adjective, adverb
Example :
·         I shall have finished my task in campus by next week
·         I will have been in the village next month
·         I will have arrived at campus by 7. 45 tomorrow morning

12.  Future Perfect Continuous Tense
Subject + shall/will + have + been + verb + ing + O
Subject + shall/will + have + been + being +  noun, adjective, adverb
Example :
·         I will have been teaching for 2 years in the school by the time of this month
·         I shall have been living in my house for one year by the end of August
·         I will have been sleeping for six hours by tonight

13.  Past Future Tense
Subject + should/ would + infinitive + O
Subject + should/ would +be + noun, adjective, adverb
 Example :
·         I should play badminton last month
·         I would lend a book in library yesterday
·         I would be late to course last week

14.  Past Future Continuous Tense
Subject + should/ would + be + verb + ing + O
Subject + should/ would + being + noun, adjective, adverb
Example :
·         I should be writing an article about mathematics education next month
·         I should be working very hard next week
·         I should be buying new shirt in Mall at this time following week

15.  Past Future Perfect Tense
Subject + should/ would + have + past participle + O
Subject + should/ would + have + been + noun, adjective, adverb
Example :
·         I would have gotten good value on this semester, if I had studied hard
·         I would have come to my friend house, if I had much time
·         I would have been sick, if I had eaten the poisonous food

16.  Past Future Perfect Continous Tense
Subject + should/ would + have + been + verb + ing + O
Subject + should/would + have + been + being + noun, adjective, adverb
Example :
·         I should have been visiting my uncle in Binjai by the end of June
·         I would have been washing my clothes by last Friday
·         I would have been selling my handphone by last year

3 komentar: